Amber Waves is seeking an enthusiastic full-time candidate for the position of Wash Station Assistant. The Wash Station Assistant reports to the Wash Station and Market managers and farm team. The primary focus of this position is to receive and process fresh produce from the fields.
- The sorting, washing, bunching, bagging, packing, labeling, and distribution of freshly harvested produce in the wash station each day and preparing these items for retail sale/fresh storage.
- Receive, inspect, and check in delivered product to ensure quality and freshness according to our standards.
- Cooler and backstock oversight and updating wash station whiteboards.
- Preparing wholesale deliveries
- Maintain sanitation standards of processing and storage areas to ensure cleanliness and good organization (coolers, wash station, packing line, dry storage)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Have knowledge of or interest in produce, cooking, food systems and/or local agriculture
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. Bilingual English-Spanish speakers are preferred but not required.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and be able to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to kneel and bend repeatedly. This position requires repetitive movements.
- Time management skills, understanding urgency and prioritization associated with task completion
- Strong work ethic, organization skills and excellent attention to detail
Work Schedule & Compensation:
- 30 to 40+ hours per week. Minimum of 1 day off per week.
- $18-24/hr + tips