Amber Waves is seeking an experienced and energetic candidate for the Assistant Retail Manager position. This is a year-round, full-time position with plenty of room for growth within the organization over the course of several years. The Assistant Retail Manager is an essential part of our retail leadership team and reports directly to the Market Manager(s). An ideal candidate for this position is great at building customer relations, passionate about food and attractive displays, eager to learn about business operations, and is a team player who motivates and inspires those around them.
There are ample opportunities for professional development and advancement within the organization. This job takes approximately one full-year to master. We are ideally looking for a candidate who is planning on staying within the organization for 2+ years.
- Assists Market Manager(s) in daily operations of retail business as a key carrier and shift lead, opening and/or closing the market at least 2x per week.
- Ensures that opening, closing, and side work task lists are completed and completing a daily report. Alerts with managers as issues arise.
- Leads the retail team as a floor manager, overseeing store conditions, addressing guests, resolving issues, and supporting market associates with stocking and processing orders.
- Supports business operations and inventory management by reviewing stock levels, receiving deliveries, following first-in first-out product rotation, reviewing invoices, and order writing with vendors.
- Records product shrink, transfers, and donations via inventory tracking system.
- Maintains data integrity of records within our point of sale database.
- Executes market merchandising displays, signage, and sales promotions
- Ensures all pricing, signage, labels, and product information is correct at all times.
- May review and onboard new products/vendors in accordance with brand ethos and organizational purchasing guidelines.
- Must be ready to support other teams and projects as needed. Interdepartmental cross-training is highly encouraged.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English. Spanish proficiency is a plus.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time, with or without assistance.
- 2+ years of retail/food experience, preferably at a farm stand, in specialty grocery, natural foods, or produce, café & restaurant, or food service. At least 1+ season of work experience on the East End.
- A genuine curiosity about food and where it comes from/how it is produced. Passion for the Amber Waves mission to provide educational opportunities in agriculture to eaters of all ages.
- Experience with grocery or restaurant point-of-sale systems, such as Toast, Upserve, ECRS Catapult.
- Experience with online retail point-of-sale services such as Square, Shopify, or ECRS Webcart.
- Ability to use the following work management software programs: Microsoft Office, G Suite, Asana, Slack.
- Must be a self-starter who is able to take on and prioritize among multiple tasks. The ideal candidate is an excellent organizer and problem solver with strong project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with confidence and maintain good relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Effective at coaching, training, delegating, and following up with team members.
Work Schedule & Compensation:
- Salary, based on experience
- Employer sponsored benefits available (access to health insurance, paid time off)
- Full-time, year-round position. Approximately 32-40+ hours/week
- Market shifts may start as early as 7:00 AM or end as late as 7:00 PM. Our Market is open to the public from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Housing might be available