JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for general office duties such as but not limited to: answering telephone, making appointments and greeting patients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers telephone (handles the call, directs the call to the appropriate party or takes messages).
- Makes appointments for patients; schedules appointments to allow enough time for care and treatment to be provided, including same day appointments.
- Follows up on missed appointments with patients.
- Reminds patients of scheduled appointments through personal phone call or through automated system.
- Clearly identify patients scheduled for quality assurance activities.
- Greets patients on arrival to the facility, checks them in and asks them to have a seat in the waiting room.
- Verify Insurance eligibility.
- Notifies staff of waiting patients.
- Collects payment or co-payment from patients.
- Scan/file patient documents and route to appropriate patient chart.
- Responsible for maintaining neat and orderly work station.
- Maintains other areas of the facility as directed (Example: restrooms, waste cans.)
- Responsible for the ordering, restocking and maintenance of supplies used in reception area.
- Facility inspection: lab samples taken out, no samples or vaccines left in exam rooms
- Responsible for connecting and disconnecting alarm and answering services and, ensures doors are properly locked.
- Receptionists are required to participate in daily huddles, staff and Quality Assurance meetings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate, some college preferred