Are you looking to capitalize on your talent and work in a fun and collaborative atmosphere? Do you love gathering design elements to create a beautiful living space? Come join our talented team designing and creating outdoor living spaces for clients at some of the most breathtaking residences from Montauk to NYC. This position provides endless opportunity for the right candidate. Prior experience in home décor and outdoor furniture is preferred but not required. Candidate must be organized, motivated, have a positive attitude and strong problem-solving skills. We will train the right candidate.
Laurel Group Outdoor Living is the premier source for on-trend outdoor living furniture, accessories, and landscape design. We are looking for a result-driven retail Sales Associate to be responsible for all sales job duties, from generating leads to closing sales. Our carefully curated selection of products includes luxury outdoor furniture, unique accessories, and stunning flora. While our knowledgeable staff knows what it takes to create a truly breathtaking and one-of-a-kind outdoor experience, it’s our unique portfolio of outdoor furnishings and accent pieces that sets our work apart. Nestled in historic Water Mill, right outside Southampton, NY, Laurel Group Outdoor Living brings all the Laurel Group’s experience and expertise together in one inviting showroom.
Sales Associate duties and responsibilities include working closely with customers to determine their needs, answer their questions about our products and recommend the right solutions. You should be able to promptly resolve customer complaints and ensure maximum client satisfaction. To be successful as a Sales associate, you should stay up-to-date with product features and maintain our store’s visual appearance in high standards. Ultimately, the duties of a sales associate are to achieve excellent customer service, while consistently meeting the store’s sales goals.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service in person, via phone and email
- Assess customers needs and provide assistance and information on product features
- Welcome customers to the store, answer their queries and actively seek out customers in store
- Follow and achieve department’s sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Participate in year-end inventory
- Manage and maintain a portfolio of your clients, and “go the extra mile” to drive sales
- Maintain in-stock and presentable condition assigned areas
- Become a furniture expert by gaining knowledge of all vendors and what products they have to offer. Always know where to find answers. IE Catalogues, Websites, Colleagues, or Manager
- Process POS (point of sale) purchases
- Develop an understanding of patio furniture trends and products. Keep up on design trends and what is developing with competitors
- Prepare and design presentations for clients including product visuals, proper client pricing, shipping/freight charges and lead time
- Provide home consult visits for clients when needed to take photos of property and meet one on one to assess their wants and needs for their project.
- Use tracking sheets to stay in regular contact with clients alerting them of changes in lead time, delays, or issues with their order. Work with your manager to resolve and diffuse any issues to keep clients happy.
- Work with Support/Delivery team to schedule client deliveries.
- Assist with all product deliveries when needed. IE inspecting, tagging, counting, reporting damages back to manager and putting out inventory.
- Daily review of outside furniture displays to ensure they are neat & clean, pillows placed properly.
- Maintain general showroom housekeeping. Replenishing gift bags, tissue paper, Dusting, sweeping, and assisting with merchandising when required.
- Proven work experience as a Retail Sales associate, Sales representative or similar role
- Strong sales skills 2-4 years experience
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Working knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Track record of over-achieving sales quota
- Hands-on experience with POS transactions
- Familiarity with inventory procedures
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- A professional, positive, friendly and energetic personality with customer service focus
- Ability to resolve issues, eliminate obstacles to close the sale
- Good sense of design, spatial planning (formal training not required)
- Excellent time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Fast learner, capable of working in a fast-paced/under pressure environment
- Cooperative Team Player yet self-sufficient
- Availability to work flexible shifts
- Proficient in PC skills particularly Excel and Word
- High school degree or equivalent; BS degree in Marketing or related field would be a plus
- Knowledge of furniture, housewares or gift sales
- Photoshop or Illustrator
- Merchandising Experience
- Good at taking photos
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend *must*